Date:      Thu, 3 Sep 1998 14:47:06 -0600
From:      "Fowles, Ken (Ken)** CTR **" <kfowles@lucent.com>
To:        "Fraser, Bryan (Bryan)** CTR **" <fraserb@lucent.com>, "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   cirrus logic video card

im installing freebsd on a friends modified packard bell ( i know, i know )
anyway, he has removed most of the packard hell components, he still has the
motherboard and onboard cirrus logic video card. the model of the card is
cl-gd5434. I am unable to get X going for him, i can make it go at minimal
8bpp and 640x480, he has a high resolution 17" monitor. the reason that it
is giving such lousy graphics at least as far as i can tell) is because it
uses the svga server by default. if you look through the card list , the
card in question is specified, but in the distributions there is no server
for cirrus logic cards, i believe its a standard 64 bit 1 meg card. anyone
have any experience with this?
 if I have not provided enough info please let me know.
thanks
ken
Ken Fowles
kfowles@lucent.com